Welcome New Volunteer!
Check out the job description of our Client Advocate here (Google Docs).
Thank you for volunteering your time, and joining us in our efforts to provide alternatives to abortion, as well as assist new mothers in their journey with their babies. Below are some guidelines for you:
Our aim is to have two people in the office at all times. Check out the weekly schedule here. If you cannot come in on your assigned day, please get a substitute. A list of volunteers is provided for you as well as posted in the volunteer manual, and the bulletin board of the main office.
Your training will consist of:
- mentoring with an experienced counselor who will assist you in completing a checklist of tasks
- Watch these 6 videos:
- Review Phone Answering : Phone Protocols
- Completing the Medical portion of your training with our Nurse Manager
- Meeting with the director when your training is complete. At that time, the director will administer an assessment for your readiness to counsel clients.
- Please read the Policies and Procedures Manual of the Columbia Pregnancy Center.
- Familiarize yourself with client resources. When you are not busy with clients, please review the brochures, resource manual, view the videos, and ask questions, so you can better serve our clients.
- Please attend the staff meetings which are held quarterly.
- Also, please remember to dress and act in an appropriate professional manner.
- Maintaining client confidentiality is of utmost importance and required by law (HIPAA). Please do not refer to a client by name when discussing cases outside of the center. No paperwork may leave the office and files must remain locked. Please review our HIPPA Guidelines. Once you have reviewed them please fill out the form (see staff) that verifies this training next time you are at the Center.
We hope your work at the center will be fulfilling and a blessing in your life; as your presence here is a blessing to others. May God bless you,